OhMD, Inc., a Delaware Corporation (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, access or use OhMD (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children over the Age of 13 and under the Age of 18
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, location, profile picture or telephone number (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geo-location.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details: When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information: This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
- Communications: This App allows for secure texting between a patient and provider. We will store any and all communications sent. We are a business associate for the purpose of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Accordingly, we will enter into a Business Associate Agreement with each covered entity for the protection of all communications containing personal health information as that term is defined under HIPAA (PHI) and will enter into a Business Associate Agreement with any subcontractors of the Company that have access to PHI including, but not limited to, cloud storage service providers.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies): A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or computer.. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up communication.
- Locate physicians and availability in your area.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to locate physicians and their availability in your area.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we shall not disclose your PHI, except as otherwise required by law, to any third party, without a business associate agreement prior to such party’s access to any PHI. We shall not disclose any personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
Your Choices about Our Collection; Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information: You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy setting. If you block the use of location information some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not sell, market or otherwise transfer your personal information to third-parties. The App does, however, interface with certain third-party provided technology that allows us to send you automatic notifications (“push notifications”) to alert you to messages from your care providers, appointments, etc. based on demographics, App usage, and other relevant factors. The third-party provider WILL NOT have access to your personal information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure, and have assured that our cloud storage provider will provide acceptable levels of security.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Pursuant to various state and federal laws, we may be required to send you notice of security breaches or suspected security breaches that impact your personal information and PHI. We will send you security breach notices to the email address contained in your account information. Please note: Many email systems have SPAM filters. If you have one in place, you should check with your system administrator or the available instructions to confirm that emails from us are not blocked by the filter (e.g., by confirming that the Service domain name (http://www.ohmd.com) is a permitted domain name).